This week didn’t fairly go as deliberate. Our air conditioner stopped engaged on Monday, and we had been with out it for just a few hours. So having to cope with that, plus make it possible for Matt made it by a number of hours with out air-con on a day with 100+ diploma temps fully threw off my plans for the week. After which the curve ball of coping with the sudden adjustments within the hallway rest room took up much more time that I had anticipated with the ability to dedicate to the studio. However isn’t that the way in which life works?
So it’s been a little bit of a busy week, however I used to be nonetheless in a position to make some progress within the studio. The progress is sluggish, however it’s regular, so no less than I’m on course. I haven’t needed to tear out any extra drywall or undo the rest that’s already finished, in order that’s at all times excellent news. 😀
Earlier within the week, I confirmed y’all how I modified the IKEA Sektion cupboards to make use of on the lengthy entrance wall of the studio. I bought all of these put in, and now they’re prepared for trim and a countertop.
Earlier than I bought sidetracked with the A/C and hallway rest room countertop, my plan was to work on the countertop and have the higher cupboards put collectively in time for some males in our Wednesday night time group to have the ability to carry these into place for me. However after shedding virtually a whole work day due to the A/C, I knew that purpose wasn’t going to work out, so I made a decision to maneuver on to the opposite cupboard part as an alternative. That method, I can get all the cupboards put in, then each sections trimmed out, after which each counter tops finished on the similar time.
However earlier than I might set up cupboards, I needed to get that part of the room painted. Reasonably than paint all the room directly, I’m having to do it in sections due to the issues I’m having to work round. It’s wonderful. It’ll all get finished. 🙂 However for now, I painted the world of the ceiling that’s above this part of cupboards, after which I painted the part of wall that’s behind and beside this part of cupboards. I nonetheless have to return and try this little part above the door.
I usually get pleasure from portray a room, however I can let you know proper now that I’m NOT having fun with this one. I don’t like having to climb up and down a 10-foot ladder (I don’t like tall ladders), and I’m finally going to have to tug out the 12-foot ladder. I’m NOT thrilled with that. However I’m getting it finished, part by part, slowly however certainly. I’m very proud of the colours that I lastly settled on — pure white ultral flat Behr ceiling paint for the ceiling, and Benjamin Moore Traditional Grey for the partitions (blended in Behr Premium paint).
So as soon as that part of the wall and ceiling had been painted, I might get to the enjoyable half — assembling and putting in the cupboards. I made and added 3-inch ft to those cupboards similar to I did for those on the lengthy wall. (You may learn extra about that right here.) After which I set them into place. I haven’t put in them but (i.e., connected them to the wall) as a result of the set up on these cupboards gained’t be as simple as the opposite wall of cupboards. As you’ll be able to see, this wall would require some areas between the cupboards.
Since I’m utilizing IKEA cupboards as an alternative of constructing from scratch, I solely had particular widths to select from. I selected the sizes that might fill the area as a lot as potential, however it gained’t be excellent. I do know that I need the 2 center cupboards to be proper towards one another (i.e., no area between them) and centered below the window.
However then that leaves areas on both aspect of the cupboard within the nook. It wants an area between the left aspect and the wall of no less than 1.5 inches, however then that leaves a 5-inch area on the best aspect of the cupboard.
I had considered framing that out and having a slot for one thing helpful, however I can’t consider any cause I’d want a 15-inch-deep, 5-inch-wide, 30-inch excessive slot in an workplace setting. If it had been a kitchen, and the cupboards had been 24 inches deep, it could be an important place for cookie sheets. However I can’t consider any use for this area, so I’ll most likely simply fill it in with a 5-inch-wide spacer.
However no matter I do on that aspect, I’m additionally going to need to do on the opposite aspect as a way to preserve the entire thing symmetrical.
I’ll determine it out. It’s simply going to take some thought and planning to get it good.
I’m actually hoping I can get these put in after which lastly make some progress on the counter tops this weekend. Barring any unexpected circumstances, that’s the plan. We’ll see how that goes. 😀
Addicted 2 Adorning is the place I share my DIY and adorning journey as I transform and embellish the 1948 fixer higher that my husband, Matt, and I purchased in 2013. Matt has M.S. and is unable to do bodily work, so I do nearly all of the work on the home on my own. You may study extra about me right here.